It is easy to install a personal gym in your home. The first step is to identify the room you will use and find equipment to fit your budget. An essential part of your gym is the mirror.
After identifying the type of gym mirror that will work for you, making the purchase, and getting it, the next step is installing it. Installing the mirror might seem like a daunting task and make you feel overwhelmed. Please do not panic; our straightforward guide will show you how to install your mirror safely.
If you choose to seek a professional’s help, contact us at Glassupply.com, and we will supply and help you install your gym mirror.
If you choose to install the mirror yourself, the following steps will help you.
Tools and equipment needed
You might need special tools to securely mount a mirror than those commonly found in your toolbox.
- Nuts and bolts
- A hammer and nails
- Screws of different sizes.
- A strong adhesive
- J channels
It is essential to make preparations before installing the mirror.
- You should measure your mirror’s size against the side of the wall where you will put it. Mark the wall clearly where the mirror will go using chalk or a pencil.
- You should drill if holes are needed. Only specific mounting techniques use screws, which is why you need to drill holes. You should wear protective eye goggles and be careful to avoid injury. Ask for help if you do not have experience drilling
Mirror mounting techniques
- Using adhesive
Gluing the mirror to the wall is the easiest way to mount a mirror. Wipe the wall of any dirt, dust, or oil, then apply a unique mirror adhesive. Glue the mirror in place and wait for it to stick.
- Using screws
Using screws is a more challenging way to install the mirror. If you do not have the experience to handle such projects, ask for help from a professional.
Clean the wall and mark the spots where the screws will be. Drill the holes. Get a person to help you lift the mirror against the holes and secure it with screws. Using screws makes it easy to remove the mirror in the future.
- Using J channels
J channels are ideal if the wall is too rough and irregular for screws or glue to be effective. If you do not have enough experience, consult a professional.
Clean the wall and mark where the mirror will go. Drill the holes, then screw the J channels in place. Carefully lift the mirror and slide it into the J channel slots.
Using J channels to install the mirror will allow you to remove the mirror easily in the future.
A guide to buying a home gym mirror
- Gym mirrors need to be strong enough to absorb vibrations and accidental impacts without shattering. When buying a mirror, ensure that it is at least 4mm thick.
- Ensure that your mirror has safety features. Do not choose a mirror that is below safety standards that puts you at risk.
- Take proper care when packaging and transporting mirrors. Mirrors are fragile and can be easily damaged, which will cost you money.
Tips to protect your mirror when transporting it
- Wrap the mirror in newspapers and cover it in bubble wrap
- Ask for help when lifting large mirrors
- Use a vehicle big enough to carry the mirror
- Lay the mirror flat on its face when transporting it
- Drive slowly and carefully, avoid bumpy roads and heavy traffic.
How to clean your home gym mirror
Your mirror will accumulate dirt and grime over time, dulling its shine and making the room unattractive. Cleaning is an integral part of maintaining your mirror.
You can also use home remedies to clean your mirror. Some natural remedies you can make include;
- Mix one cup of vinegar with four cups of water. Spray a little amount on the glass and wipe it.
- Dissolve two tablespoons of borax in three cups of water. Use a sponge to apply the solution to the mirror, wipe and dry it thoroughly.
- Make a solution using equal parts dishwashing soap, rubbing alcohol, and water in a bottle. Spray the solution on the mirror and wipe with a microfiber cloth.
You can use a commercial glass cleaner to clean tough stains from your mirror. Spray a small amount on the mirror and use a clean, soft cotton cloth to wipe the mirror down. Using a microfiber towel dry off the remaining cleaning solution.
Buy the highest quality mirror for your home gym
A high-quality mirror is an investment that adds to the beauty of your room and motivates you to work out. At Glassupply.com, we provide a premium mirror and glass products. Our mirrors are of the highest quality to give you the most detailed reflection. We will supply and install your home gym mirror.
We will take care of the shipping to save you the stress of transporting the glass and give you round the clock assistance. At Glassupply.com, we customize the mirror to your specification and at budget-friendly prices.