If you want to remodel your bathroom, you are likely to upgrade the bathroom fixtures. You can also install glass shower enclosures and new bathroom mirrors. However, homeowners often overlook the shower wall panels, although they are affordable to upgrade your bathroom.
What are bathroom shower wall panels?
Shower wall panels are waterproof panels installed on your wall to protect your shower wall from water damage. Your shower wall is at risk of damage due to daily exposure to water and moisture when showering. You need shower wall panels that are durable to prevent this damage.
Although wall panels secure the showerhead and cover-up bathroom plumbing, you can use them in the shower for aesthetic purposes. Shower wall panels add beauty to your bathroom and enhance wall protection because they are water-resistant and easy to install. Therefore, you can install them over tiles or as an alternative to tiles.
You can choose shower wall panels of various materials, textures, and colors to upgrade your bathroom for a sophisticated and modern feel.
Why should I install shower wall panels?
It is essential to install shower wall panels for the following reasons;
- Shower wall panels are water-resistant; therefore, they protect your wall from moisture and water.
- Shower wall panels are easy to clean and maintain.
- You can easily install shower wall panels, and you can install them over tiles.
- They are durable and help preserve the integrity of your bathroom wall.
- Shower panels help prevent the accumulation of moisture and the growth of mold.
Types of shower wall panels
Shower wall panels are available in various materials, designs, and colors for you to choose from. Let us explore the types of shower wall panels available, their advantages, and their cons.
- Fiberglass shower panels
Fiberglass shower wall panels consist of a single large sheet that covers the entire shower wall. It is the most affordable shower panel, easy to install, and thicker than most materials.
- They are easy to install
- They do not have grouts; therefore easier to clean
- They are 100% water-resistant; consequently, they protect your walls from water and moisture damage
- you can choose between standard and high-density panels
- It can be challenging to seal fiberglass panels to the bathroom wall completely.
- Acrylic shower wall panels
Acrylic shower panels are available in single large sheets, and you do not have to worry about seams that might leak water. In addition, acrylic shower walls are durable, easy to install, and you can customize them to your shower.
- They are easy to clean and maintain
- You can customize acrylic sheets to match the rest of your bathroom
- They are durable
- There are no seams and leakage; therefore, they protect your walls from water.
- Acrylic sheets are affordable
- You will need professional help to install acrylic shower panels
- There are limited styles to choose from
- Ceramic tiles
Ceramic tiles give your bathroom a classic look. You can choose from traditional or contemporary designs to suit your décor. Additionally, they are affordable and durable.
- You have a wide variety of designs to choose from
- They are affordable
- Ceramic tiles are moderately water-resistant
- Installing ceramic tiles is labor-intensive, and you need professional help.
- Ceramic tiles give an old-fashioned look to your bathroom
- Marble shower wall panels
Marble bathroom finishing is a common choice for most bathrooms. Marble gives an elegant and luxurious feel, and home designers have used it for years. In addition, you can choose from various designs, colors, and finishes.
- You have a wide variety of colors and designs to choose from
- Marble is highly durable and strong
- Marble gives your bathroom a luxurious feel
- You need professional help to install marble
- Marble can easily get damaged, and you need to take extra care when cleaning.
- It is prone to staining.
- You need to seal marble shower wall panels annually
- Marble is expensive
- Glass shower wall panels
You can install a glass wall panel to waterproof your shower wall. The glass panel is smooth, therefore, easy to clean and maintain. Additionally, you can choose from a wide variety of colors, sizes, and designs.
- Glass shower wall panels are 100% water resistant
- Glass is eco-friendly and sustainable
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- Glass is delicate, and you require professional help to install the panels
If you want to update your bathroom and achieve a modern and chic bathroom, install glass shower doors. Glass shower doors are an upcoming trend in modern and contemporary bathroom designs. Interior designers like them because they add elegance, are easy to clean, and are durable. They will also make the space feel more extensive and more illuminated.
Glass doors are versatile, and you can customize them to add to the room’s aesthetic and make your bathroom unique. They align with the ever-changing design needs, and your bathroom will be in style both now and in the future. In addition, there is a wide range of glass shower door enclosures you can choose from.
Contact us at Glassupply.com for premium glass and mirror products. You can conveniently shop and check out online, and we will ship the product to your doorstep.