We enjoy the scents and ambiance that candles create but not the melted wax that sticks to the table. You want your glass surfaces to be shiny and beautiful without dull wax stuck to them.
Whether you want your glass tabletops to sparkle again or to clean out candle jars, our straightforward guide is sure to help you.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
- A pot with hot water
- A hairdryer
- Coffee warmer
- Glass cleaner
- Hand towel
CLEANING WAX OFF GLASS TABLES
Melted candle wax hardens on glass tables, therefore, staining it. You can gently scrape off the wax or melt it with a hairdryer and wipe it off.
Scraping off the wax
- Use a sponge to wipe the wax with hot water until it is moist.
- Using a table knife or razor, gently scrape off the wax. Be careful not to leave scratches on the glass.
- Keep moistening the wax and scraping until all the wax comes off.
- Once all the wax has come off, use a moist, lint-free cloth to wipe the glass surface.
Using a hair drier
- Plug in a hairdryer closer to the glass window or tabletop. You can use an extension socket.
- Set the dryer to a high temperature and turn it on.
- Heat the wax using the drier until it melts
- Use a paper towel or clean, soft cloth to wipe the wax.
- Repeat the steps until all the wax has come off the glass tabletop or window.
- Dampen a microfiber cloth with warm water and clean the surface.
METHODS OF CLEANING WAX FROM GLASS JARS
Candle glass jars can be recycled and used again. You need to remove remnants of wax in the jar before repurposing it. You can use hot water, a coffee or candle warmer, or freeze the jar to make removing the wax easy.
Using hot water
Follow these steps;
- Put the glass jar in a bowl.
- Boil water and pour it into the glass jar. Leave the jar overnight.
- When the wax melts, it moves on top of the surface. Peel off the wax when it cools.
- Wash the jar with soap and warm water.
- Dry the jar with a towel.
Using a coffee warmer
- Put the jar on a coffee or candle warmer and leave it for a few hours.
- When all the wax has melted, use a hand towel to hold the hot jar and pour out the wax.
- Use warm water and soap to clean the jar.
- Dry the jar with a clean towel.
Freezing the glass
- Put the jar in a freezer and leave it overnight or for a few hours.
- Remove the jar, and the wax should easily fall off.
- If needed, carefully pry off the wax with a knife.
- Wash the jar with warm water and soap.
CLEANING WAX FROM A GLASS PLATE
Using candles during dinner is a brilliant idea. However, if you find hardened wax on your plate, the following simple methods will eliminate the wax.
Scraping the wax
- Using a sponge, wipe the wax with hot water. You can use hot water if the quality of the plate allows it.
- Carefully scour the wax from the plate using a scraper. Use soft light strokes to prevent scratches on the plate.
- When all the wax has come off, wash the glass plate with a warm damp cloth.
Using glass cleaner
- Apply a generous amount of glass cleaner on the wax. You can use a commercial or homemade glass cleaner.
- Wipe the wax off with a paper towel.
- Repeat the process if all the wax does not come off.
- Use warm water and soap to wash the plate.
- Wipe the plate with a damp, warm cloth.
Hardened wax on glass surfaces makes your tabletops and windows look dull and dirty. It would be best if you cleaned off the remaining wax in glass jars before recycling them. You can use simple tools in your house to remove wax stuck on the glass.
Most of the methods use heat, and you should be careful when handling hot glass and using a dry hand towel. Using hot water to melt the wax makes it easy to remove. You can also freeze the glass candle jar. Use gentle, light movements when scraping the wax to avoid leaving scratches on the glass surface. Protect your glass surfaces by using candle holders to prevent wax from dripping onto the table.
At Glassuply.com, we supply the best quality glass and mirrors. Contact us to purchase good quality glass that will remain clear and shiny for a long time. If you still find hardened wax tuck on your glass, our handy guide will help you remove them safely.