If you want a combined bathtub and shower in your bathroom that suits your small bathroom, we have fantastic ideas for you. The home improvement market is exploding, and this is the opportune time to renovate your home. A walk-in tub and shower combo is sealed off from the rest of the bathroom and has a leveled floor and waterproof walls.
We all like to relax with a good soak in the tub or a relaxing shower. If you have a small bathroom, you do not have to give up your dreams of a bathtub, and you can install a tub and shower combo.
A walk-in tub and shower combination is easy to access and an ideal way for all family members, including those with mobility challenges to enjoy bath time. Additionally, it is a smart use of your bathroom space.
Advantages of a combined walk-in tub and shower
- It is cheaper because you use the same plumping for both the shower and tub.
- It is safer because you do not have to step over into the bath. Consequently, there will be fewer falls and sprains, especially for elderly family members.
- You can add extra safety features to improve accessibility, such as seats, handrails, water jets, and textured surfaces.
- A combined walk-in shower and tub increase the value of your home.
The first thing to consider when installing a bathtub and shower combination is the layout. You have various layouts to choose from depending on various factors;
- How much space is available – the amount of space available will determine the layout you can choose. A half-size tub with an attached shower or an overhanging shower and tub are great options if you have a small space.
- Budget – if you are on a tight budget, you can install the shower and tub together and save money on drains, taps, recess, and other plumbing costs.
- Accessibility – a combined walk-in shower and tub are great for family members with mobility challenges because it is more accessible.
Types of bathtub and shower combination ideas
- Bathtub with overhanging shower
If you have a small bathroom, you can install a bathtub and overhanging shower. However, this layout can be challenging for individuals with mobility challenges. You can install a partial glass door or splash guard that prevents water from splashing out of the bathtub or shower and pooling on the floor.
- Compressed bathtub and shower
The compressed bathtub and shower combination is ideal if your bathroom is too small for a full bathtub and shower. You can buy a compressed bathtub that is smaller than the standard five feet to fit your space.
- Contemporary bathtub and shower combination
The contemporary bathtub and shower combo are ideal for improved accessibility because it uses simple to open doors. In addition, the wide edge of the bathtub prevents water from spilling over on the bathroom floor.
- Steam shower and bathtub combination
If you want a relaxing spa-like experience when you shower, you can install a steam shower and bathtub combination. A steam bath at the end of the day is soothing and beneficial for your physical and mental health.
Shower door options for bathtub and shower combinations
Installing glass shower doors is an excellent way to modernize your bathroom. Shower doors open up small spaces, making them feel larger by reflecting light. There are a variety of glass shower door options for bathtub and shower combinations.
- Sliding glass shower doors
Sliding shower doors are ideal for small bathroom spaces that lack enough floor space for opening doors or wider shower openings. They consist of two or three glass panels that slide along each other. We can customize the glass shower door to fit the dimensions of the bathroom opening.
Sliding glass shower doors move side to side on tracks to open, perfect in small spaces. In addition, sliding doors also have handles that can function as a towel bar that you can use to hang washcloths and towels for easy accessibility.
They give a modern and seamless appearance to your bathroom, and you can use them for bathtubs or showers.
- Partial glass shower door or splash guards
Splash guards prevent water from splashing out of the bathtub or shower and pooling on the floor. They are easy to install and do not require a lot of space. You can order a custom size splash guard that will fit your needs.
A splash guard takes up a small space and will make a small bathroom feel more spacious. Partial glass doors are also cheaper, easy to install and maintain.
- Frameless glass shower doors
A frameless glass panel will make your bathroom feel more open and spacious. The doors do not get supported by frames giving a seamless and modern look.
Frameless glass shower doors allow in a lot of light, making the bathroom brighter and highlighting the tiles’ design and other features.
- Semi-frameless glass shower doors
Semi-frameless shower doors have frames only along the top and sides without totally enclosing the door. It achieves the effect of a frameless glass shower door without the high cost associated with it.
Contact us at Glassupply.com for the highest quality glass shower doors. We offer a wide range of custom glass shower doors in all sizes and the hardware you need to install the doors. You can conveniently order online, and we will deliver it to your door.