Glass tabletops are functional furniture pieces that add elegance to your space. In addition, glass tabletops are versatile, and you can incorporate them into various design styles. You can also use glass tabletops to protect antique wooden and metallic tables.
Most of us think of tables as the centerpiece in the room and place our coffee mugs, keys, and magazines. However, you can creatively use glass tabletops to display items in your living room.
Glass tabletops provide a flat surface perfect surface to place mementos such as precious family photos on display. You can display conversation starters such as craft projects and artwork for your visitors to enjoy.
You can choose from a variety of glass tabletop shapes. At Glassupply.com, we stock high-quality rectangle, oval, circular, and square glass tabletops to suit your preference. Additionally, we customize the glass to fit your table.
A glass tabletop is perfect for displaying presents, flowers, place cards, and cake during a celebration such as a birthday or bridal shower.
You need to protect your glass tabletop from damage to prolong its durability. The beauty of glass tabletops is the shiny surface that displays the beauty of the table bottom and enhances the room’s design.
It is best to keep the following in mind when buying a glass tabletop;
- Rectangular and oval coffee tables are the perfect fit for small rooms.
- Big rooms with large seating configurations require square or round coffee tables.
- It would be best if you considered the scale of the table in comparison to other room furnishings. The coffee table should be no more than two-thirds of the sofa’s length.
- Choose a coffee table to ensure that you will have a space of at least a foot and a half around the coffee table.
- Choose a coffee table appropriately matched to your furniture. It should be the sitting height or shorter than your sofa.
Here are some tips to keep your glass tabletop beautiful.
- Use rubber bumpers to protect your glass tabletop
You can use rubber bumpers with anti-skid properties that ensure that the glass tabletops do not slide off.
- Avoid scratching your glass tabletop surface.
It is easier to prevent your glass from getting scratches than trying to get them off. Do not place items with rough edges that can cause scratches on the glass surface, such as glasses. You can prevent scratches by placing a protective cover on the glass.
- Use table runners, placemats, and coasters.
We cannot avoid placing hot plates, mugs, and other things on the glass tabletop. You can protect the glass tabletop surface by placing table runners, placemats, and coasters.
- Keep your table in a safe place.
Glass is fragile and can easily break. You can prevent accidents by placing your glass tables away from high traffic paths where people could constantly bump into them. Keep your table away from areas where you are likely to put many items on it.
- Ensure regular cleaning and maintenance of the glass surface
The most efficient way to maintain the sparkle of your glass tabletop is to clean it regularly. You should include dusting and cleaning your glass tabletop in your daily household chores.
Cleaning your glass is quick and easy using home cleaners. If you prefer a simpler glass cleaner, you can make it using everyday household items.
- Pour one cup of vinegar into four cups of water. Spray a tiny quantity on the glass and wipe it.
- Measure three cups of water and mix in two tablespoons of borax. Use a clean sponge to apply a small amount of the solution to the mirror, wipe and dry it thoroughly.
- Make a window cleaning solution using equal parts dishwashing soap, rubbing alcohol, and water in a bottle. Spray the cleaner on the mirror and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.
You can also buy a commercial glass cleaner from your local store to clean tough stains from your mirror. Spray a small amount on the mirror and use a clean, soft cotton cloth to wipe the mirror down. Using a microfiber towel dry off the remaining cleaning solution.
Clean your glass centerpiece’s surface regularly. Wipe away any spills as soon as possible from glass surfaces to prevent stains from forming. Prevent water from causing stains by modifying its P.H. You can use water softeners or water filters to remove minerals from the water.
It would be best to choose ammonia-based glass cleaners that do not leave streaks on the glass. Ensure to use a microfiber cloth to clean the glass surface. You can polish your glass and mirror surface using old newspapers or coffee filters. Polishing your glass and mirror will keep it sparkling.
At Glassupply.com, we supply the highest quality glass tabletops. You can choose various shapes at the best market rates: we stock rectangle glass tabletops, oval glass tabletops, circle glass tabletops, and square glass tabletops.
If you need custom-cut glass, contact us at Glassupply.com, and get glass cut to your specifications to ensure the perfect fit for your table base. Also, we carry glasses of various thicknesses, polish the edges for a smooth finish and use tempered glass for extra strength.
Contact us at Glassupply.com for your glass tabletop, and we will deliver it to your doorstep. Our products have a one-year manufacturer’s warranty so you can rest assured of our quality.